About the Summit
At the completion of 50 key stakeholder interviews and four focus groups to understand top patient centered outcomes research priorities for advancing equitable healthcare for people with disabilities, we held a series of three virtual meetings.
Stakeholder Advisory Committee Meeting
The first meeting included members of the 20-person Stakeholder Advisory Committee. During this meeting, the Advisory Committee discussed the findings from the interviews and focus groups, and each member individually and independently ranked the list of 14 research priorities according to level of overall importance, level of urgency, and level of feasibility.
Meetings 2 and 3: The LEADERs Summit
Following the priority ranking Advisory Committee meeting, we convened over 80 stakeholders to participate in a series of two meetings, collectively referred to as the Summit. Over the course of the two days, we presented the ranked research priorities and summit attendees participated in breakout sessions according to topical areas of interest:
- Disability Data Collection
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations and Clinics to be Accessible
- Healthcare Leadership, Providers and Staff: Changing the Culture of Healthcare
- Patients, Family Members and Caregivers
- LEADERs Summit Day 1: Research priorities and descriptions
- LEADERs Summit Day 2: Topic areas breakout group discussions
- Findings from the two meetings: Summit Summary and Next Steps